I recently enjoyed the 5th MDC in cairo. Two sessions I enjoyed the most, one was about WPF the other was about Agile software development. So let me start by talking about the new framework: Microsoft's new framework 3.0 is about these four components:
WPF: Windows Presentation Foundation
WCF: Windows Communication Foundation
WF: WorkFlow
CardSpace: identity & login handling
I'll mainly talk about WPF some light talk. I'm trying to be more involved though.
You know that old textbox you've been using for the past 15 years, it has changed..yes!!. Everything is new in WPF. You can embed anything inside any control. For example you can make nested buttons. Images within a combo box. A list box showing live running videos and so on. Everything can integrate with anything.
What you need to start working with WPF is the .Net framework 3.0, Visual studio 2005, windows SDK and some extension for WPF
Or you can simply download Orcas (the new pre released Visual Studio having all the previous extensions integrated)
you can download everything you need, it's all under CTP (Community Technology Preview)
You can go wild with WPF, I also enjoyed the new designer "Microsoft Expression". Yeah and by the by, WPF is built on .Net framework 2 & DirectX for gaming area.
WPF is made for Vista but no complaints there, It can work fine with WinXP. Also there are virtual labs on MSDN if anyone is interested for some live trial. Lets think 3D desktop application, more rich web apps as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment