It took me a while to have everything in order to start running NS2 specially that I'm a newbie in linux, so I'm sharing these steps:
- First Off I'm working on windows so I had to install VM Ware and Xubuntos http://register.vmware.com/content/eula.html just register and insall the xubuntos image from http://sing.stanford.edu/tinyos/dists/xubuntos-2.1-vm.tar.gz
- Extract the previous file and open with the VM player.
user: xubuntos passwor: tinyos
- To install ns, I preferred to install the allinone package from here.
- When I run ./install it gave me an error with Xgraph and tk: BeginBorder not found and many other lib related errors.
Solution: you need to download libX11-dev
- When I tried: sudo apt-get install libx11-dev, I got an error: us.ubuntu/security fiesty Error 404 not found
Solution: you need to update your settings.list to update the repository you get packages from.
Go to etc/apt/ take backup of the current settings.list and update from here.
After you save you need to go to ur terminal & run: sudo apt-get update
- Now retry to download: sudo apt-get install libx11-dev
- Retry to run ./install
- Now I got a different error related to nam, error can't find WinXUtil
Solution: you need to download libxmu-dev package
- Update you PATH variable as the installation will indicate
I used gedit(ofcourse I need to download it first):
Solution on you terminal: gedit ~/.bashrc
At the end of the file add the following:
PATH=$PATH:/urNsAllinonePath/bin:/urNsAllinonePath/tcl8.4.14/unix:/urNsAllinonePath/tk8.4.14/unix
export PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/urNsAllinonePath/otcl-1.13:/urNsAllinonePath/lib
export TCL_LIBRARY=/urNsAllinonePath/tcl8.4.14/library
- Voila you are done..Happy Simulating!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment