So many years have gone
worse & coarse ones
So many suns have set
Some lonely Some can join the rest
& Every time I prolong my hope
Nurturing my soul with milder thoughts
I cry at times & wonder the most
What good r tears & why's there a useless hope?
I promised myself a dry pillow
But that sad night lures my tears down
Along with I wish I did, I wish I didn't sound
The fact remains the present is my enemy
I declare war with every sun
& get conquered by its night
For this let it be known & spread
I was born a fighter but died helplessly at the end.
--Sahar Mostafa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"For this let it be known & spread
I was born a fighter but died helplessly at the end." I didn't find something more expressive than Gandhi's quote to comment with: "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." The characteristics that define a fighter are Strength,aggressiveness,
Fearlessness, flexibility
Desire to Win. And I believe this who owns all these amazing things doesn't die helplessly. :)
Post a Comment