Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I need a Hero with a shinning GWT servlet

Recently I've been indulging myself in GWT (Google Web Toolkit) , the beauty of GWT is that it translates java into pure jscripts & HTML, actually the output is one gwt.js :) & read this twice:
you can actually debug the jscript code including the AJAX ones. Do I need to say more?!, OK, here's more: the common js typos errors are caught at compile time not at run time :)

Now moving to the painful part, you need to use interfaces for the RPC calls (it's a term often used with GWT instead of saying server calls). The RPC interface resides in ur client package & should be implemented in the server one. All your widgets are created dynamically.

I still can't connect to SQL database-that's y I need a hero with a shinning connection servlet- but when I get there i'd finalize my login controller may be start a searching page for some table with AJAX filtering no doubt :). I am enjoying AJAX with Java. That's a sentence I never thought I'd use :D

Check it out:
GWT Overview

No comments: